Any Witch Way

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Any Witch Way
Any Witch Way
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Spiritual Power of Flowers~
How to cast a circle of protection EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 8:16 pm by Lunar

» Pregnancy Dreams~
How to cast a circle of protection EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 8:12 pm by Lunar

» The 5 Most Common Dreams~
How to cast a circle of protection EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 8:07 pm by Lunar

» Animal Powers in Dreams~
How to cast a circle of protection EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 8:06 pm by Lunar

» Natural Disaster Dreams~
How to cast a circle of protection EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 8:03 pm by Lunar

» Numerology: The Cosmic Vibrations of Numbers~
How to cast a circle of protection EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 5:36 pm by Lunar

» Palm Reading~
How to cast a circle of protection EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 4:55 pm by Lunar

» Automatic writing~
How to cast a circle of protection EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 2:20 pm by Lunar

» History of the jack o lantern~
How to cast a circle of protection EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 8:57 am by Lunar

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Moon Phases
CURRENT MOON
globe

vc
How to cast a circle of protection Percent_0

How to cast a circle of protection

Go down

How to cast a circle of protection Empty How to cast a circle of protection

Post by Lunar Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:43 pm

Casting a circle of protection is a way for Wiccans to protect themselves during magick work.  It creates a high-energy space where you can safely carry out your magick, without the interference of any negative or harmful entities that might otherwise be attracted to your metaphysical energies during rituals and spell casting.

Marking out your circle....

First, you want to decide where to create your circle.  Whether you have an altar or just a peaceful corner of your home – or maybe outside in nature – pick a place where you are undisturbed so that you can focus and work in peace.

It’s not necessary to mark out your circle, but some like to do it for ritual purposes, or for protection.  You can create a circle of rocks or crystals, or sprinkle sea salt along the edges of your circle, or place candles around you – for example five to mark out the points of the pentacle, or four placed at the cardinal points, West, North, East and South – also representing each of the Four Elements.  It’s up to you how you like to mark out or decorate your circle.

The casting...

The next step is to conjure the pure energy that will surround and protect you.  There are as many ways to do this as there are practitioners, so you will find a way that is suitable to you and your practices.

How to cast a basic circle of protection...

Here is an example of a basic circle casting which can be performed quickly and easily without the use of tools.

Stand in the middle of your circle.  Relax and breathe deeply.  Imagine that your crown (the top of your head) opens up like a funnel to receive divine, white light.  Your crown is always connected to the divine and to your Higher Self, and you can open up and amplify this channel at your will.

Open your arms, palms facing out.  With each in-breath, visualise yourself pulling down pure, divine light through your crown, and as you breathe out you channel this light out through your palms to create a protective shield around you.  As you fill the space around you with this high-vibration energy you may feel a tingle or buzz, you may get goose bumps, or you’ll feel light and uplifted.

Now hold one arm outstretched (the one you write with) and point to the edge of the circle.  Spin around clockwise three times, mentally marking out your circle with the divine light.  Then raise your arms above your head and say:

“I ask that the God and Goddess bless this circle So that I may be free and protected within this space So mote it be”

You are now ready to cast your spell or perform your ritual.

To close your circle, hold out your arm and spin around anti-clockwise three times and feel the protective light dispersing.  Thank the Spirits for their presence and declare the circle closed.

How to cast an advanced circle of protection...

This is an example of a more advanced circle ritual, for which you will need a compass, four candles, and if you have an athame or wand you can use that to direct the energy. You can use white candles, or coloured candles for each point:

North – Green
East – Yellow
South – Red
West – Blue

Use the compass and place the candles at each of the cardinal points. Light the North candle and say:

“Guardians of the North, Element of Earth I call upon thee to be present during this ritual Please join me now and bless this circle”

Light the East candle and say: “Guardians of the East, Element of Air I call upon thee to be present during this ritual Please join me now and bless this circle”

Light the South candle and say: “Guardians of the South, Element of Fire I call upon thee to be present during this ritual Please join me now and bless this circle”

Light the West candle and say: “Guardians of the West, Element of Water I call upon thee to be present during this ritual Please join me now and bless this circle”

Now take your wand or athame and point it to the edge of the circle.  Spin around clockwise three times, and visualise a bright white light entering you through your crown and direct it out through your arm, down through your tool and out to form the edge of your circle.

Then stand in the middle, and feel this white, divine light filling the circle and immersing your entire being.  Say:

“God and Goddess, Guardian Angels, and Spiritual Guides Please be present with me during this ritual Bless this circle and keep me protected No unwanted entities are welcome here Only pure, divine beings are invited into this space The circle is cast So mote it be”

You are now ready to cast your spell or perform your ritual.

To close your circle, take your wand or athame and spin around anti-clockwise three times and feel the protective light dispersing.  

Thank the Spirits and Elements for their presence and declare the circle closed.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lunar
Lunar
Admin
Admin

https://anywitchway.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down